The Kington Lions Club meets twice each month, for business meetings and a drink in the Burton Hotel. Meetings last just over an hour normally, and are minuted.
The first monthly meeting is on the first Tuesday of each month starting at 8.00pm.
The second monthly meeting is on the third Wednesday of each month starting at 8.00pm.
We use a meeting room kindly loaned by the Burton Hotel, and we are indebted to JR and his staff for their unstinting support of our charity and for their hospitality.
There are currently 15 members who each joined the Lions to 'Make a difference' to our community.
We are always looking for new members who want to put something back into the community, and often to help those less fortunate than themselves.
New membership enquiries should initially be made either to the Hon Secretary (click on the link at the bottom of this page) or to any of the individual members of the Club.
President 2015-16 - Nick Rowlatt, Lyonshall
Treasurer 2015-16 - Ruth Alexander, Kington
Secretary 2015-16 - Chris Smith, Lyonshall
Membership Chair 2015-16 - Jo Whitlock, Titley
Lions Code of Ethics
- TO SHOW my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- TO SEEK success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- TO REMEMBER that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients and customers and true to myself.
- WHENEVER a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- TO HOLD friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists, not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- ALWAYS bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state and my community, and to give my unswerving loyalty in word, act and deed. To give them freely of my time, labour, and means.
- TO AID others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- TO BE CAREFUL with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.